EVERYONE has a story to tell, and a unique voice with which to tell it. The trick is to uncover your own unique voice in order to tell that story with a truth that connects in an original way.
In this 2-day Master Class our instructors will work with 20 students of all levels to help them clarify the aim of their writing and discover their own, unique voice.
We will begin the class with an inspiring conversation that will give you new tools to put in your songwriting toolbox. After that we’ll get down to the business of writing and working on your songs. You’ll be able to share whatever you’re working on—even if it’s just lyrics—and as a group we’ll offer support. We will suggest how to make a song stronger, find the melody to support it, and how to get to your truth and unique voice.
This two-day Master Class will include:
- A chance to get feedback on your songs from our instructors
- Special surprise guests songwriters
After two days of immersing yourself in the creative world of songwriting with like-minded souls, you will leave with a new community of friends, a support system, a songwriting toolbox, and a strong sense of your writer’s voice that will let you turn your songs into shining reflections of your own soul.
Over this two-day Master Class, We will work with you to:
- How to arrange a song
- Song Critiques & sharpening skills with James, Chad and guest instructors
- Create melodies that support your lyrics
- Learn approaches to collaboration
Because of the intimacy of the class size, you’ll not only have a chance to have personal guidance from James and his guests, but you’ll leave energized, inspired, and with a tribe of new friends that will be a lasting support system.
Since 2016, the Red Lodge Songwriter Festival has brought together hit Nashville Songwriters and the best songwriters from Montana and surrounding area to perform and network with each other in the mountain community of Red Lodge.
The Red Lodge Songwriting Master Class provides a unique approach to songwriting education; intensive workshops led by great instructors and guest Nashville hit songwriters. Whether you are a beginner or professional songwriter this school will fit your interests and expand your songwriting abilities. Space is limited to 20 students so register soon to ensure your place in the 2019 Workshop!
The songwriting Master Classes will be held over two days Thursday 6/20 and Friday 6/21.
- Thursday 6/20, 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Friday 6/21, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Sessions will include:
- Anatomy of a Song.
- A Songwriter’s Toolbox.
- Overcoming Songwriting Obstacles.
- Collaborative Songwriting Techniques.
- Among other topics
- The final assignment will be Three cords and the truth songwriting challenge. You will be paired with another student and your assignment will be to write a song using three cords assigned in class. We will provide you with a list of coffee houses, bars, parks and other places to write. Students will spread out all over town to collaborate and write their songs.
Your tuition includes:
- Enrollment to all workshops
- Song submission in songwriting contest (1-song)
- Ticket to Nashville Songwriters in the Round shows, Saturday 6/22.
- Songwriters Toolbox
- Circle of fifths
- Rhyming dictionary
- Songwriting Journal
For more information call Mike at 406-690-5988 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org